Weekend recharge!

Getting away was just what the doctor called for. The Mrs, our boys, and I headed up to Orlando for some amusement park play time. It is on these rare occasions when I take a day off of work to hang out with the family that I get a chance to remember why I get up every other weekday & drive the 90 minute round trip to spend eight hours doing the job thing. Friday started with the scramble to get the car loaded & the house prepared for our 2 day departure. But once the cat litter was refreshed, and food and water were stocked for the cats & the guinea pigs, we were off. The drive was pretty pleasant, & I enjoyed the chance to talk with my wife about various topics. Other than the occasional “pass at any cost” asshole that cut us off along the way, we had fewer than normal problems on the roadways. Once we finally all managed to meet at the entrance of Islands of Adventure, the mornings endeavors were planned. It did not take me long to get fed up with the idiots who blindly walk straight ahead as they look down & text, read a map, or feed their face. That aggravation was only topped by the person who would think it is a great idea to stop mid step & break out there park map. This resulted in me practically tripping over them or their mongoloid brat in the stroller they were schlepping. But I did manage to not scream at any of these douchebags, and allowed my day to remain enjoyable. After several coasters, a few overpriced meals, and a blister the size of a marble on my little toe, I managed to get us all back to our little condo that the Mrs found online for a killer price. After a makeshift dinner, and a dip in the heated pool we called it a night and cuddled up under the blankets. I drifted off to sleep exhausted yet content in the arms of my beautiful wife(at least that is how I choose to remember it). I am sure had we both not been so exhausted, I’d have had to fight of her sexual advances for hours.


Morning brought a reluctance to crawl from the warmth of our bed, but alas the 10am checkout was fast approaching. We all got ready for another day of park mayhem & crammed all our stuff back into the car in time to make our checkout. Surprisingly the Saturday crowd seemed a little thinner than the previous day, and we managed to get in on several rides before the time to head back home arrived. By far the best ride had to be the new Harry Potter Forbidden Journey ride. Had the lines not been so long I am sure we would have enjoyed it more than the two times that we did. Once we had all but seen and done everything the two parks had to offer, we trekked back to the car for the long trip back to Tampa. It wasn’t the longest vacation I have taken nor the most intimate, but this past weekend was just what I needed to re energize myself. So even the annoying counter buzzard Sandra seemed to get under my skin even less today than before the trip. Don’t mistake being less annoyed with giving a shit about how many times she had to rearrange her furniture this past weekend, or how the ache in her foot is just not getting better. If she took a knife to the throat, her gurgling death sounds would be music to my ears. That hasn’t changed, but at least as she fills my day with her broken record conversations that seem to repeat every couple hours, I can zone out and think about the sights & sounds that filled my weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment