Oooo... Its the Big One..

How I love the  idea of giving a gift that really warms a person's heart, you know, a gift given just to let someone know they are special to you. The Christmas season has always meant that to me, even though I may not have been the best at picking the right gift. Hell some years I feel like I just bought one of everything just to make sure I covered all my bases. Now with my boys getting older, they have more expensive gift requests, and don't understand why I see it as a problem since Santa gives them the gifts. Now I enjoy the innocence of youth, but at some point these boys need to figure it out. I would move heaven & earth to make sure they are safe and well cared for, but the increasing $100+ deductions to our bank account is causing my anxiety levels to peak, and that ever present pressure in my chest to start feeling like a python has my heart wrapped up like a red neck baby in a mobile home park. As I casually glanced at the statement today in preperation of sending off Uncle Sam his weekly stipend, I nearly shot soda out my nose at the balance that appeared. The first thing that came to mind was a quote from Fred Sanford "Oooo... Its the Big One... You hear that Elizabeth... I'm comin' to you, I'm comin' home to Georgia."

Next year it is coal for everyon! Bah Humbug!

No comments:

Post a Comment